When I eat out I’d like it to be special, consequently I don?t eat out often. You might have seen the advice on how to shave calories at restaurants but really, do you need to pay high restaurant charges for undressed salads and plain steamed vegetables? If not, how then can you solve the dilemma of too many calories once you eat out?
Here are seven tips for obtaining the calories out of restaurant meals while still ordering your favorites.
1. Say NO to super sizing. The size you ordered has already been too large. Stop super sizing and you?ll save money. On top of that, order one dinner and ask for an extra plate. Many restaurants will do this for a dollar or two, and it?s really worth it. Then share the meal with your friend and you split the cost straight down the middle. Another option is to order from the so called ?appetizer? menu. Two different people could order three entrees, one dessert and split the whole thing and it?s still a ton of food!
2. Skip the bread and rolls. Many family restaurants still serve a bread basket together with your meal. Unless it?s a fresh baked loaf or some really special bread, just skip it. You don?t need to fill on ordinary bread when you?re paying good money for a meal. Just require it to be taken away when you can?t resist, but in all honesty, you?re an adult, you can resist, to be able to. You can simply choose never to put a roll on your own plate. Try it, just once and see in the event that you don?t walk out of this restaurant feeling strangely powerful.
If you can?t skip the rolls, at least miss the butter. That?s right. Eat it plain. Wholegrain bread is delicious simply by itself.
3. Stop Ordering Drinks. Carbonated drinks are a huge cash cow for restaurants. For pennies they sell you a squirt of syrup and carbonated water and become they?re doing you a large favor by only charging you $1.29 for a huge 64 ounce soda. Start saving those dollars. Particularly if you?re ordering ?to go? skip the drink. If you?re consuming it there, require water, or at least switch to diet drinks. Never drink ?fat pop.?
4. Slow Down YOU TAKE IN Too Fast! What?s the rush? Take your time, savor the moment, benefit from the flavors. A big section of getting in touch with your hunger signals and understanding how to eat what really will satisfy is understanding how to recognize the subtle signs of hunger. You won?t know once you?re approaching satisfaction in the event that you?ve gobbled everything down in 5 minutes. Have a bite then notice how many times do you chew before you start wanting to swallow? Once, twice? Make an effort to chew your food and your body will be much happier. A very large part of digestion begins in the mouth area, not to mention you?ll get a lot more pleasure if you allow food linger.
5. Trim Visible Fat and Skin. I know, you really love your skin?needless to say you do, it tastes good, it should, it?s pure fat. Do you wish to get leaner, or do you want to eat fat? You select. I never eat chicken skin and never eat the visible fat hanging off a steak, good taste or no. You must decide what you want more, the next?s worth of pleasure of a yummy taste, or a lifetime of carrying around a supplementary 40 lbs? I know this is counter to the low carb crowd?s belief that fat is good, carbs are evil, but I?ve maintained an 80 pound weight loss for 18 years without dieting and I don?t eat visible fat or skin. Enough said.
6. Ask for a Doggie Bag at the start of Meal. Once the food is served, immediately portion off some to collect for tomorrow. Most restaurants in america serve way too much. There is no law you should eat it all. Do that frequently and soon you?ll find you?re getting an extra lunch out of that meal.
7. Get yourself a copy of Restaurant Confidential by Michael F. Jacobson and Jayne Hurley, and start checking out how many calories you?re really eating. If you eat out frequently and you carry additional weight, then that?s most likely the problem there. This little book can assist you realize why it seems you don?t eat that much yet you can?t lose any weight. Hardees recently introduced a new burger that clocks in at only under 1200 calories simply by itself! Given that?s frightening.
If you actually want to get a handle on your weight problem, look first to where you take in, second at what you eat, and third how much you eat. Where, What and How Much? Try these steps choosing one tip at a time, and see how easily it is possible to take a few of the calories out of restaurant food.